Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sunny Days

This is the time of year I am usually scheduled to whine about the time change. 
This year I have had a change of heart about Daylight Savings Time.  Right now I am LOVING the fact that all three have been outside playing--in the daylight--since Landen got off the bus.  The longer sunny days and melting snow have done wonders for my outlook, too. 
However, this melting snow is a mixed blessing.  We will soon have a flood over our roads as the creek rises.  :o(  Oh, well.  We are prepared.  I bought enough groceries to get us through (untill we run out of milk and have to have it boated in).  Our house is built on a hill--and a sandy one at that.  The Bible says it's foolish to "build your house upon the sand," but it's worked all right for us so far!
Until the water rises, though, I will appreciate seeing ground emerge after this long winter.  It is almost spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment