Friday, March 4, 2011

Rainbow Girl

There are some things only a daughter will notice. 
For instance, a few weeks ago, we were quickly making our way through a store. As soon as we came up to the shoe aisles, Teresa took them all in and said, "Oh, cute!" 
Last week I was trying on a new dress that had come in the mail. 
Teresa came down the hallway and commented, "Ooh, cute dress, Mom!" 
I am afraid we are going to make a very dangerous shopping combination in a few years.
Then, there is her new choice of subject to draw--rainbows.  This absolutely warms my heart so much because I spent 99% of my childhood either arranging my huge set of magic markers into rainbow order or drawing rainbows with them.  This new fascination is all her--drawing at all is a new concept for her.  I must have passed some sort of "rainbow" gene onto her.  She said this picture was a "Rainbow Girl."
 And, yes, my T still has a fashion sense all her own.  She loves to change clothes throughout the day and most often picks her sundress or another skirt to wear at home.  (The photo above shows her favorite sundress over a pajama top with leggings--just because I insisted she have SOMETHING on her legs.)
Yesterday she dug to the back of her dresser and found--ta da!--swimsuits!  This was the second one she tried on.  I just couldn't resist a picture when she came up with the sock/slipper combination.  The crazy hat is a staple and goes with everything.  She often uses it as a sleeping hat, too. 
I will definitely be saving this one for a future slide show . . . or first date.  :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment