Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Phil 4:8 Focus #7 -- Whatever is Right

This week brings me to the final Phil 4:8 Focus--Whatever is Right. Thanks for coming along with me. Maybe we can do something similar again next winter!
As I went through these each week, I chose what I considered to be the easiest first. It's not difficult at all to find things that are lovely, excellent or admirable . . . even in the middle of winter.
Up until a few days ago, I didn't know what I was going to write about for "Whatever is Right." I spent a few hours on the road by myself on Sunday, and I found a Fr. Mike Schmitz pod cast to help pass the time. The priest at the University of Minnesota, Duluth, and a nationally-known writer and speaker, he can be found all over online. I usually listen to his 5-7 minute talks on Ascension Press, where he covers a number of topics on all things Catholic Christian. This past weekend, I found a homily to listen to and it really struck a chord with me, and especially when considering Whatever is Right. I really needed that reminder and encouragement.
If you have 25 minutes, Fr. Mike says it so much better than I could summarize . . . and if you don't, you can still join me in being more mindful I ways I am tempted to compromise in my day to day life.
Have a great week!



"Whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, or praiseworthy, think about these things." 
Phil 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment