Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Phil 4:8 Focus #1 - What is Lovely in Your Life?

Guess whose birthday it is!!
(Oh, how I love to ask my husband that question each February 7. The look of panic on his face is always priceless!  This year, just for fun, I asked him a few days ago whose birthday was coming up just for my entertainment.) :)

That's right--Garth Brooks is 56 today!  Wohoo!


Well, if that didn't make your day--or meant about as much to you as it does to my husband, and I suppose, the general population--I have something else exciting to share that I am launching on my little blog today.  

Even though I am not isolated nearly as much as I used to be in the winter (I've watched 9 basketball games and 1 volleyball match since Saturday, because I wanted to--not because I had to), I acknowledge the cold days can get old quickly. 

I was thinking . . . what if I added something a little different to my week to spice it up a bit?  Just a little something positive to plan, think about, or simply do that could either make a small difference in someone else's life or my own? 

In Philippians 4:8, St. Paul says, "Whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, or praiseworthy, think about these things."  I find when I am anxious, crabby, depressed, or not feeling well, my thoughts are often far from these good things and it is necessary to regain my focus. 
And, so, I have decided to call this Phil 4:8 Focus. 

Each Wednesday I will post a Phil 4:8 Focus--just a little something that I will do to regain my focus on what is good. I hope you will join me, too! If you do, and wish to share what you chose to do, you can comment below, send me an email at wifeandmomblog@gmail.com or comment on the Facebook link on my page.

A few rules--
1.) It will include something that is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy.
2. ) It will not take a lot of time (as little or as much as you want).
3.) It will cost $5 or less (and probably nothing!)

Here is Week #1.
What is something that makes your life lovely?
TAKE A PHOTO (OR FIND A PHOTO) OF SOMETHING LOVELY IN YOUR LIFE AND PUT IT IN A PLACE THAT YOU WILL SEE IT MANY TIMES EACH DAY.
It doesn't have to be your favorite photo--just something lovely to you!

Of course, the photo above of Garth is one of my absolute favorites, and my phone's wallpaper, but here is another. :)

I received this lily after my Grandma Kallas's funeral and it just started blooming a few days ago--exactly a month after her funeral. It reminds me of her and the beautiful memories I have of our times together. 


Now it's your turn! I can't wait to see what is LOVELY in your life!








No comments:

Post a Comment