Monday, July 10, 2017

Queen for the Weekend

After the 4th of July, it was time for Rachel's check up at Mayo.  It was the first time we were there since 2014.  The big kids were spending their weekend with Grandma Melius & their cousins in Minnesota, so Rachel got to be an only child for a few days.  The appointment went well and Dr. Bite was pleased with how everything turned out.  
We had an early supper with cousins Kevin and Christine and started on our way back home again.  We woke up early Saturday morning in Sleepy Eye (how appropriate!) and then made our way to Huron for a benefit golf tournament for cousins Cyndi and Chase who are in the process of adopting. 
I hadn't golfed in a good 13 years (I'm finding myself realizing lately I haven't done several things in 13 years!), and we all had a fun--can't believe I'm saying that!--18 holes of golf.  My drives left something to be desired, but my putting was acceptable. :)  Rachel took advantage of her down time to practice her skills, too.
She had quite the weekend getting pretty much everything she wanted and usually doesn't get--Bug Juice, Pepsi, an Oreo Blizzard, and a plate of grilled pineapple and sunflower seeds at Hu Hot.

No wonder she told me after our return, "When I grow up, I want to be queen!"



No comments:

Post a Comment