Sunday, July 9, 2017

July 3-4

We weren't quite ready to take off our party hats on July 3, so we kept them on for a couple of more days!
Nathan and I ran/jogged/walked in the Wild West Days 5K before the Melius Reunion in Faulkton that morning. Nathan ran the 5K, but after I got lost (I wasn't the only one!) and took the walkers' route, I probably completed a 4K for my jog/walk. :)  
It was a fun run, but Nathan was proud to take 4th place.  I'm not sure what place I got, but I wasn't last!
We enjoyed our day catching up with family and stayed for the amazing fireworks show at the ballpark that night.

The next day was the traditional 4th of July parade in Faulkton. Our kids always like to ride with Grandma on the Cresbard Area Right to Life float.


After that, it was a relaxing afternoon of a picnic in the park, carousel rides, swimming in the pool, eating ice cream and touring the Pickler Mansion. We finished off our 4th with supper at Grandma & Grandma Melius' house with more swimming!

When you're in the Carousel City, you HAVE to take a ride on the carousel!

No comments:

Post a Comment