Friday, February 20, 2015

Melius' Most-Read: Ramona Quimby

This week's book is actually a series, and one I loved to read as a child.
Landen discovered this series a few years ago and read them all.  It is an excellent series for beginning chapter book readers.  I bought a large print edition of Age 8, with the intention of reading it to my children, but Landen beat me to it by reading them all by himself.  :)
I have always loved Ramona, and if you haven't checked these out from your library yet, I think you will, too.  The first of the series were written many years ago, but the stories of growing up are timeless.  
When my sister and I were growing up, PBS had a weekly Ramona TV series, and we watched and re-watched the 1/2 hour shows so much, I'm sure we wore out the VHS tape!


No comments:

Post a Comment