Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Fat Tuesday


It's Fat Tuesday!
After having REAL King Cake last year, I decided that I couldn't let this year go by without having a variation of one.  There are lots of options, but I wanted to go super duper easy to the third power. I consulted some excellent cooks on Pinterest and this is what I found.
Ta-dah!
Flatten refrigerator cinnamon rolls, roll out a bit, and bring together into a ring shape.
Shape these rolls into an oval to signify Christ's crown.  Bake as directed.  Afterward, frost with the enclosed icing.  
Then decorate with green (for faith), gold (for power), and purple (for justice).  I couldn't find purple sugar today, so our purple is made out of Sixlets.

Traditional King Cake will have a plastic baby Jesus hidden inside (inserted after baking).  Those eating the cake are like the Three Magi in our search for Jesus.
We didn't have one of those (funny how we lost a tiny plastic baby in the past year--can you believe it??).  Teresa had the idea of using her Little People instead.
Genius!
But, it does make the "hunt" a little less challenging.

Happy Mardi Gras!

No comments:

Post a Comment