Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentine's Week

It's Valentine's Week!
And, those of us here on the Melius farm are . . .  not prepared!

I tried to be.  I purchased the kids' Valentines last week, so at least that is done.
I bought the treats and drinks for Nathan's class party last night in a mad dash around the grocery store.  Whew!
I tried to encourage my kids to make Valentine's boxes, but they were not interested.  Teresa did paint some hearts on a shoe box a few months ago that she is using.  (I guess I should count HER as prepared.)  But, my boys aren't interested at all.  It used to be a relief to me when they weren't interested because it meant fewer frantic February project nights for mom.  Now I think maybe it's kind of sad.  Nah . . . might as well stick with relief.
This morning I realized that those Valentines I bought last week haven't been done yet, and the party is TOMORROW.
With basketball practice after school and Religious Ed following that, it looks like our time in between will be spent on getting those Valentines ready!

We'll put it all together in time, I'm sure.

With grocery sacks and Schwan's ice cream bucket Valentine "boxes," probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment