Thursday, January 9, 2014

New kitchen . . . new recipes



Thank you for bearing with my sporadic blog posts.  We are getting closer to kitchen completion . . . and then I can post some photos!  David wants me to wait until it is COMPLETE.  Cabinets and appliances have started to go in.  It's exciting to see a glimpse of the final project.  Little things like walking on a finished floor and not fighting plastic to emerge from our bedroom have been a treat after this process! 
There is good and bad in taking on a remodeling project mostly on your own.  The good part is you know that the workers will show up.  The bad part is that you are the worker and you may be working at 2am or later sometimes!  This project has brought obvious joy, but also lots of anxiety (for me), and so we are both happy to see it wrapping up. 


I have tried a couple of new recipes while we have been in our downstairs kitchen. Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta was a hit.  I actually used shrimp instead of chicken and added an extra cup of sour cream.  You can find it on my Pinterest Recipes board or click on this link http://suchamom.com/2013/11/chicken-bacon-ranch-pasta/.


The other, Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and Sausage, I made last night.  It received a 50% approval rating in our family.  Rachel couldn't get enough!  This I made just as it said, except I substituted a can of tomato soup instead of the diced tomatoes.  It's also on my Recipes board or also here
http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/573551783/crockpot-cheese-tortellini-and-sausage/.


I hope you are having a great day!  I will check in again soon . . . I promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment