Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014

Well, here we are--2 days into 2014! 

Resolutions anyone?

Here are mine--

1.)  Finishing this kitchen project within the next week or so (this totally SHOULD be able to happen).

2.)  Take down the Christmas tree before February.  (Hey--technically the Christmas season STARTS on Dec. 25!)

3.)  Keep on putting one foot in front of the other!

That's right--it seems as if I have found myself in a bit of survival mode again.  The thought of resolving to do anything more is just a bit more than I can handle right now!  I'll get there . . . just not right now.

Part of it is that life in the Melius house has been a bit topsy-turvy for the past 26 days, for a very good reason, but still a little crazy; part of it is that winter is just not ever good for my mental well-being; and part of it is that life has just been HARD lately for some we know (my grandma breaking her pelvic bone in December and still recovering, David's uncle suffering stroke shortly before Christmas, but thankfully is recovering very well, a friend's mother dying suddenly before Christmas, the 6 year old son of one of David's neighbors growing up losing his battle to leukemia on 12/31).  It's been a bit rough getting this news.  The reminder of the difficulties of this life never seem to be far away.

BUT, we continue to keep looking to the positive.  As I said, David's uncle Doug is doing well and he and his wife will soon welcome a new baby son!  My mom and I are preparing for a trip to Baton Rouge to visit my Aunt Carol in a couple weeks.  My brother-in-law Rick is here right now helping David finish our ceiling.  Our family has enjoyed a HEALTHY and relaxing Christmas vacation, filled with way too much Wii, but who's complaining?  No one.  There's always something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment