Saturday, March 23, 2013

We are One Body

As Christians, we are all one body in Christ. (Romans 12:5)  We are called to, "Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep." (Romans 12:15)
I have mentioned the Catholic Moms Facebook group several times.  It feels funny when I tell someone that these women are my "friends," but we all refer to each other the same way. What started out as a mid west group now covers the US and Canada.  We would love to have some sort of a "real" gathering, but that probably won't happen for awhile since, well, we're MOMS! 
We've discussed jobs, children, marriage, education, and ways to use ground beef.  Every day's posts have their share of rejoicing and weeping--births, miscarriages, triumph, and tragedy--we cover all parts of this brutal and beautiful life.  These women are prayer warriors and no prayer request is too small or too large.  Usually these requests are kept within our group, but sometimes, we just have to reach out to gather all of the prayers we can.  This past week brought one of those times.
One of our group, Theresa Robocker, lost her husband in an accident near Canistota, SD, while on his way to work Thursday morning.  They have 5 children and are expecting their 6th child this September. 
I've never met Theresa, but she was one of the first to respond when I posted a plea for prayers late last spring as I found out my baby would be going into surgery in the fall.  Her daughter had been born with a major heart defect, and surgeries have been a part of their lives since her birth.  Her timely encouragement, descriptions of what to expect, and prayers were priceless to me.
Now I hope I can help and support her in the same way.
A memorial fund for Jeff Robocker has been set up at www.gofundme.com/2dhux8 to assist his family with funeral and other expenses. 
Thank you to all of my Facebook friends who responded to my request for prayers for their family yesterday. 
I know they are priceless.

We are one body, one body in Christ, and we do not stand alone.
We are one body, one body in Christ, and He came that we might have life.

No comments:

Post a Comment