Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Baby Skin

In my years as a mom, I have found that baby skin can be kind of tricky. I sometimes wish I had gone into dermatology!


As a baby, Nathan had scaly patches on his head from early on. I learned that was called cradle cap and scrubbed his head with baby oil every morning for several months.

When he was a little older, he developed red blotches all over his torso. The diagnosis? Eczema. Teresa joined him in the eczema club for a time, too. They each had to use a prescription lotion to treat it.

Now we have a new one—baby acne! Rachel started developing bumps on her forehead, cheeks, and chin last weekend and now its running its course. All of the advice I find says to keep her skin clean with water, otherwise leave the area alone and it will clear up within a few weeks. It looks like it could be irritating, but it doesn’t seem to bother her. We still think she’s one of the four cutest babies we’ve ever had!


Are there any other pediatric skin conditions I should know more about?  Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment