Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Lonely Side

I read a most honest and spot-on blog entry the other day. It was so good, I wish I would have written in myself. I sure could have. The entry was written by a writer for a group called Her View From Home, but shared on Facebok by a young mama who is special to me. You see, this young mama was the first teeny tiny baby I babysat for back in my early babysitting days. We see each other occasionally when I visit my hometown and always take a few moments to reconnect. Now she is a wife and has a new baby boy of her own and, as much joy as that brings to all of us moms, it is really hard!

I have said it time and time again that the hardest part of being a stay at home mom with young children in the country was the loneliness. It doesn't last forever, as as children grow, social engagements increase, new friendships are formed and the loneliness subsides. But if I'm honest, I still experience it at times.

I am so glad that she shared this post with me and everyone else because it is so important to share these thoughts! And, it reminds me that I need to continue to reach out to other moms, too.

https://herviewfromhome.com/when-mama-is-lonely/

No comments:

Post a Comment