Wednesday, October 11, 2017

20 years ago

"Why was everything 20 years ago?" my husband asked the other night. I laughed and agreed that it has certainly felt like that lately, from my 20 year reunion to Garth to NSU's Gypsy Day to the "Friends" and "King of Queens" reruns we often catch before going to bed. While it's true certainly lots of great things are happening RIGHT NOW, it's also interesting that so many of these things from 20 years ago have been reminding us of our teenage selves lately, too.

As the kids and I have been spending quite a bit of quality time together in the car these days, we often listen to the playlist on my phone. One of the albums I bought earlier this year is TobyMac's "This is Not a Test" and it's the one they choose most often right now. I bought it mostly for the song "Move," but "Backseat Driver" quickly became my kids' favorite.  You can watch the video here . . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kME_Q5V82Us

What does TobyMac have to do with 20 years ago? Well, he was in the Christian rock/rap group dcTalk back in the 90's, too!  If you remember "Jesus Freak," you remember TobyMac.

TobyMac will be coming to Nebraska later this year on tour. It's really unfortunate that I promised I would never ask for anything again if David could get me to two Garth Brooks concerts in a week. I don't know why I promised this willingly, as he never asked me to! In the past few weeks, I have been reminded of this promise quite often . . . .

I still maintain it was completely worth it, but I could have a long 50 or so years ahead of me!) :)

Oh, well. At least then I can reminisce about how great the music was 50 years ago!


No comments:

Post a Comment