Monday, February 15, 2016

Two things I want to remember . . . .

You have probably realized over and over again by now that this blog is my kids' "baby" book.  I've always been terrible about sitting down and writing things in their books, and scrap booking has gone waaay to the wayside for now.  To get around it, I have always jotted down important dates on our kitchen calendars (which I have saved) and kept this blog going.  This is one of those posts.
Two things I want to  remember about Rachel from this past weekend:

1.  The girls and I went through books this past weekend, organizing them into the attic archives, the share with other families pile, throw away because they were loved beyond repair pile and the rotating our own shelves and baskets collection.  I LOVE books, but sometimes even things I love can get slightly out of hand. Even with the overhaul, we could still open our own library if we choose. :)  Rachel knows her ABC's, but she found this cloth book once again that her Grandma Shirley and Papa Butter bought for her before she was born. As we were going through it Saturday, she didn't know what this insect was.  I told her is was a grasshopper.  Last night, we sat down again to read and I quizzed her on this.  She answered, "a Grassrabbit?"


2.  Mass was cancelled yesterday because Fr. Gregg was not able to get out of town to drive to our church.  I told Rachel that Father was stuck.  With big eyes, she asked me, "On the roof??"

And a bonus . . .
She was down with a cold and fever yesterday, and we are thankful that she is feeling better today.  She told me yesterday morning that she "couldn't take it much longer."  Poor little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment