Sunday, February 14, 2016

Miracles . . .

Last week began with some most awesome and wonderful news from my friends Tonya and Tina. Their mom Marilyn had a conversation with them and their brother for the first time since her late September car accident.
There, of course, is still quite a journey ahead of Marilyn as she continues her rehab and also comes to terms with all that has happened in these past four months. What a blessing and nothing less than a miracle it is that she has come back to us and that her brain continues to reestablish connections every day.
It reminded me of a post I read back in 2011 by Lysa Ter Keurst named The Stir
I can't tell you how many times Marilyn and her family have come into my heart and have been prayed for each day or how my heart has ached for my dear friends as weeks and weeks passed with no visible improvement.
But then the stir--suddenly, really--became a huge step forward.
Two things in my home have often brought Marilyn to mind--my HOPE Scentsy warmer and a turtle charm that sits on my jewelry cabinet.  Both reminders that every little step is a step toward healing and we must never, ever give up hope.


(You can find or order custom stamped jewelry like this from CB Designs. Find Cyndi on Facebook.)
 
Happy Valentine's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment