Monday, January 25, 2016

Perler bead bowls

As I was revisiting my Pinterest boards last week, I came upon several pins that I had saved a long time ago and had completely forgotten about. 
(After all, isn't that what Pinterest is for?) 
After deleting several monogram crafts (I guess I was really into monograms a couple of years ago, but not enough to actually complete a project), I checked out what I had saved for my kids.  I saw this one and knew we could do it right away that night!  Perler beads come in and out of the cabinet quite frequently at our house, but this was something new to try with them.
Teresa made a few for her friends and Nathan made one for his teacher, too.
To make a bowl, spray a glass or other oven safe bowl with cooking spray.  Pour the beads into the bottom of the bowl and press down on them.  They will spread up the sides of the bowl on their own. Be sure to just have one layer of beads if you want a bowl with a smooth bottom. (This one had a couple of layers on the bottom.)
Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until melted until desired.  Remove from oven and cool until easy to handle. The bowl will pop out when cooled.  
Experiment with different colored beads and sizes of bowls!
We just wouldn't recommend that you use these for your new set of favorite cereal bowls . . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment