Thursday, August 27, 2015

Pottery and ice cream and Rachels, oh my!

I sit here tonight at my computer with a full, full heart (and tummy) after spending the afternoon with not one--but two--of my favorite Rachels. :)
We had planned to spend the afternoon together in Pierre, and Aunt Rachel (because no one wants to be called Big Rachel) surprised us with a trip to the paint your own pottery place. 

--I almost just typed potty--now that would be an interesting business concept.-- 

Anyway, we each chose matching mugs (of course, because we both have matching fabulous taste, and also because we both needed large coffee mugs)! Little Rachel chose a plate, which changed in design and color many times as she waited for us big people to finish our masterpieces.
I will show you all the finished products after they are fired and complete in about a week.
I've seen these places on TV and know we have one in Aberdeen, but it was my first time trying it out.  I've definitely found a new creative happy place!


Before we left for home, we had to stop at Zesto!  Pierre, SD has one of the best Zestos in the entire country. Ask anyone. It's true.  It's a little tricky to find, but worth the trip for sure!
Full tummies and happy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment