Wednesday, August 26, 2015

R-H-E-L

Rachel has been very interested in her written name for the past couple of months. She knows that it begins with R, and even claimed all of the bottled water during harvest because they said WATER. An R is an R, right?
Since she learned how to write an R, she has been working on her name, too.
For awhile, she would say, "Now I make F." after the E.  Sometimes the E has many, many little legs and most of the time the letters are mixed around. 
One thing is for sure, though, the A and C "is too hard for me" she says. I learned from Landen's preschool teacher that the angled and curved lines are the most difficult for preschoolers to make, so now I at least know the reason behind her dislike for those letters.
Last night as she was practicing, I saw that she got these four letters in the right order, but she still wasn't interested in adding that A or C.
"I don't need them," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment