Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Double Chocolate Banana Bread

After a busy weekend, this week has been full of catching up both inside and outside, with a little bit of field work tossed in, too.
This morning, having been given the day off from the field, I decided to use up some brown bananas in my baking.  This recipe is from an old newspaper and was given to me by David's Grandma Rosemarie Melius a long time ago.  I made it once, but today I decided it was time to try it again.  
As I usually do with quick bread recipes, I made this into muffins instead.

Double Chocolate Banana Bread
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cups mashed bananas (or 3 bananas)
1 cup chocolate chips

Beat the sugar, oil and eggs together until thoroughly mixed. Beat int he vanilla. Blend the dry ingredients together and stir into the sugar/egg mixture until just combined. Sitre in the bananas and chocolate chips and mix well.
Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 250 for 60 to 70 minutes, or make muffins and bake them for about 25 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment