Saturday, May 3, 2014

Beautiful day.

We had one of our most beautiful mornings for WalkMS this morning.  Here is most of our team--David and my cousins Sarah & Amber joined us after the photo.  The walk gets bigger every year.  It is always so encouraging seeing everyone come together to show their support.

Afterward, my plan was to stop by Parkview Nursery (remember--my very happy place??) and get a purple grass to replace mine that didn't make the frigid winter.  (Hey--I can't blame it for not pulling through.)  I wasn't planning on buying any flowers, but that's, as I said on Facebook, like grocery shopping when I'm starving . . . it's going to end very well for the store owner!

So, we picked up a few perennials, daisies, columbine (because Teresa loved them and my Grandma Joachim always had columbine in her garden), and bachelor buttons to fill in my perennial bed and a few annuals, too.  
We definitely aren't done buying flowers for the year, but we got a nice colorful start with pansies, marigolds, and these interesting flowers--a Twisted Celosia.  Teresa found it and we had to try it out!  

Next up, our garden is tilled and ready to be planted.

I wish we could just eat the flowers.
They are so much more fun. 


We spent our afternoon--finally--digging in the dirt and it was wonderful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment