Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Write it on the chimney . . . and the walls!

The kids have their first snow day of the year today.  Nathan and Teresa were especially excited to go out and play in the snow this morning.  
I prepared for the worst as Nathan started getting dressed. 
Usually Nathan's first winter experience involves him writhing on the floor kicking and crying because nothing fits right. 
He put on the new gloves and said, "They fit perfect." 
Wait.  Whaaaat? 
 I was so excited, I ran to alert his father. 
 "What should we do?" he asked. 
"My Grandma Joachim would say, "'Write it on the chimney,' I answered. 
(I really don't know where that saying came from, but it's always something my Grandma has said when something unusual happens.)  
And so, David grabbed a Sharpie and did just that! 
 
 
 
Operation Remodel is in its infancy, and to entice the boys to rip off the bottom wall trim, I told the kids they could write on the dining room walls when they were finished. 
Now it was their turn for "Wait.  Whaaaaat?"
We will have some very interesting artwork for the next few days.
All of the kids had fun working on their murals.

 
It's a first for any snow day here!

No comments:

Post a Comment