Monday, May 6, 2013

Summer dreamin'

The Burger Shack opened last weekend.
My flower beds are cleaned out and ready for new plants.
Baseball practice starts tomorrow.
Only 1 more full week of school is left.
Yes, summer is just . . . around . . . the corner!
It's hard to believe when we were just covered in white, but the snow is gone!!!

Yes, summer.  I am excited for this one.

The past two summers were tough for me. This one, though, feels like a fresh start. 
No pregnancy worries/morning/all day sickness.  No visits to surgeons and a scary surgery looming in the way too distant future for me to worry about every day.

A NEW summer is upon us and we are going to embrace it!

What I'm looking forward to:
-Lots of walks on the gravel roads near our farm
- Watching my flowers grow, grow, grow!
- Watching my kiddos grow, grow, grow!
- Soaking up the sun as much as possible
- Finishing the basement bathroom/utility room project so that we can continue on to the KITCHEN!!
- A road trip to Breckenridge, CO, for a Melius Cousins (our generation/no kids) reunion.  We have had 2 of these in different locations, with the last one in 2006.  It's always a GREAT time and long overdue!
- Hopefully a Twins game with the kiddos!
- A trip to Brainerd, MN, for a family reunion
- PeeWee and Jr. PeeWee baseball games
- Sprinklers, slip and slides, swimming and swimming lessons

It won't be perfect. The days won't all be great.

But, today is a good sunny day.
I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment