Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Unbelievable

Today my heart aches. It aches for Jeanne Haugen, a 39 year-old mother who likely spent her last day as she would any other. It aches for her husband who was obviously so hopeless he couldn't see any way out. It aches for her son who came home to find that both of his parents were gone. It aches for their families who are left without answers. It aches for their friends who are left with the same.
You see, I only met Jeanne a few times as my friend Amy was preparing for her wedding. We chatted about Pampered Chef products at the shower. We sat at their guestbook together at the wedding. She was so warm and personable. I felt like I had always known her. It has been a few years since I talked to her, but I can still see her smile and bubbly personality.
My heart aches because I know that if my heart aches, I cannot imagine how much worse it must ache in those who worked with, lived near, laughed with, and loved Dennis & Jeanne Haugen on a daily basis.
How many lives did they touch? Can they be counted?
My heart aches because they never got to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment