Friday, November 30, 2018

Be still my heart . . .

One thing is certain--Rachel has been paying attention in reading and writing classes this year.
While we were reading a bedtime story earlier this year, she told me, "'Too with two o's means also."
I couldn't believe what I was hearing! (I've become convinced that most of the adult population of this country doesn't know that.)

Last night, we were reading a story together. I read this page.
There was something that caught her attention in how I was reading it, maybe a pause after "to."
She looked back at the page and said, "Oh, yeah, because there's elipses."
I seriously could not believe my ears.
Trying to hide my bubbling excitement, I asked her if she learned that at school.
She nonchalantly said, "Yes."
Teresa then walked over to see what we were talking about. She said, "I didn't even know that was called that!"

Hmm. . . I may have someone to take over the freelance proof reading gig one day. :)


And a bonus note I want to remember . . . Yesterday morning I found a sock in her chapter book. She was using it as a bookmark. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment