Monday, November 19, 2018

40 . . . and One Week

I turned 40 on November 12. It seems pretty crazy since I still feel like I am in my late 20's, but, yet, here I am! I do want to declare publicly (since not even my husband realized my current hair color is my real color), that I made it here without a gray hair. Find one and I will claim it, but I seriously haven't found one myself. I would like to thank my Grandma Joachim for those excellent genes. 
Big time fist bump for that 40th birthday gift. 

What I really felt in the days leading up to and on my 40th birthday was an abundance of gratitude. Mostly, it was gratitude for the beautiful people who were a part of my life from the start and all those who God has provided at all the right times in my life, my husband and children, and both the family and friends who have walked with me in the good days and the bad. 
I am also thankful for the experiences I have had in my 40 years. I've had some pretty great days among the 14,600-ish days I have been here. And the older I get, the more I realize how great even some of those "ordinary" days were spent with those I love.

I recently saw a sign that said, "I remember when I prayed for what I have now." Truly, so many of my prayers as a child have been answered--probably the biggest being that I am still here at 40 to experience the blessings.

Here's to the next 40 years! Thank you for joining me on the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment