Tuesday, April 24, 2018

So long, glasses!

Well, I finally took the plunge and had my eyes corrected with LASIK!
So, that means no more contacts and glasses . . . at least until I require readers in a few years.
It took me quite a few years to get my courage up to do it, but after I realized that everything in the procedure is now done with laser, I was OK with it. It was pain free (except for the uncomfortable first part where the machine felt like it was squishing my eye ball into my face for a few seconds). 
Recovery was super easy, too.
The worst part is I can't wear eye makeup for two weeks. Believe me--that is a practice in humility. I haven't been in public (and especially not Aberdeen) without mascara since probably junior high. I've been there a few times now, and no one has seemed to notice. :)

To go from not even being able to see the big E at the top of the eye chart (20/400 vision) to reading the bottom (20/15 vision) in 24 hours is AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment