Monday, January 23, 2017

Welcome, Macy!

You just never know when the perfect dog will come along.  I had put the word out on Facebook at the beginning of the year that we were in search of a new puppy, but probably not until the end of March.  Almost immediately, I received responses from people with puppies of all kinds . . . most were purebred breeds and all were out of my price range.  I was holding out for a border collie mix until I learned in this process that blue heelers are also gentle dogs who can be trained to be cattle dogs.  (David has never really wanted a cattle dog . . . the dog has always been more for me and the kids . . . and so I can find the kids when they are outside!)
Nearly a couple of weeks ago, I received a tip on Facebook that there was a litter of puppies in Java who needed homes.  I contacted the owner, who responded immediately with photos of adorable blue heeler/lab puppies that I could afford.  They hadn't expected the blue heeler mother and yellow lab father to have puppies together . . . just what I was looking for . . . a blue lab!  I had to keep this a secret for almost two weeks  (ONLY David also knew) until it was a good time to get her.  Our previous week was crazy with basketball and band, and I wanted to make sure that we were around to play with her.
On Saturday night, I told the kids that I was going to Ipswich to get groceries.  Why they believed that I was getting groceries at 5:30pm, neither of us know. :)  The owners met me there and I brought home our new furry friend.

The kids decided together to name her Macy.

Landen didn't say it this time, but I just have to--
"Now our farm is happy again!"


This is the only time Macy will be in my kitchen. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment