Tuesday, December 20, 2016

an email from Grandma Rosemarie

With the snow and frigid temperatures outside, I have spent more time in my office unearthing my desk. I started cleaning out virtual files as well.  I have folders for each of my kids in my email that have notes and pictures relating to them and I hadn't visited these folders in several years. I went waaaay back to Landen's beginning and was so happy to read these words in an email to family and friends from his Grandma Rosemarie Melius right after his birth.  
Grandma was in her late 70's when this was written and was quite email savvy.  The bold print and punctuation sprinkled throughout her messages were her trademark. I remember receiving several emails from her in between our coffee visits after my hair appointments in Faulkton. Wonderful memories that I am blessed to have. :)


September 1,2003--Labor Day--and I told,Laura--that's a good day to do your 'special' labor!!  And she came through??  Landan Joachim,7-5,22" long,born at 5:38 am--only thing , Laura--you didn't labor much of the day(coulda been 24 hours!) CONGRATULATIONS-to David and Laura!!
   I apologize to those who already know--but now,none have been left out??  It will be fun to have and see another 'tiny' one!!  And trust all went well?  Grandpa Claire has a chemo Tues, and that will be the earliest ,we will -maybe?-get a peek??  No cigars,please!!  But sure David has that covered,right??  Just much thanks, and praise, for another of God's tiny miracles!!  Gr.Gr.Melius
Perhaps,better clarify that--since we have several Gr.Gr.s anymore.  Welcone to the "role" Dwight and Denise--still recall when we had #1, This Gr.ma was on cloud 9 for many hours, and still is--as the  numbers add up, they all have their special little place!! in our hearts!! As there never are 2 alike!!   Great Gr.and Great Gr. Melius

No comments:

Post a Comment