Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July


 Time for a 2015 4th of July recap. I started it out early Friday morning with the 5K Color Run in my hometown of Eureka. There was an all-school reunion in town and it was fun to run into a few of my friends from the past!


My friend Tina and me before the race . . . 


and after with friends Karen and Theresa.

My dad and I toured our old high school. It will be torn down and replaced with a new high school in the near future.


 Here's the old study hall. It hasn't changed at all since my high school days, except for the lockers against the wall.  We only had our desks as our lockers, and that's just the way it was!

The hardwood gym floor and bleachers are new since I've been gone.


By late afternoon, I returned to Faulkton to catch up with the Melius family.
There are many photos of David's uncles playing basketball decades ago. Now a new generation is taking over the court!


Our family entered a float in the 4th of July parade and we won the Mayor's Award!
Rachel and her cousins Lydia and Avery had matching dresses. These three were inseparable all weekend!



Sunday was time for the Swanhorst Reunion. Some people are lucky enough to be Meliuses.  Some of lucky enough to be Swanhorsts.  BUT--some are lucky enough to be BOTH. (Including our branch of Meliuses and two others who married Swanhorsts). :) The reunion was held at Wylie Park.



By last evening, it was time to say goodbye to most of the family who came to visit, including Nathan's favorite cousin Adam!  (No, we didn't send Nathan back to Texas with him.) :)

Happy 4th . . . er . . . 6th of July!




No comments:

Post a Comment