Thursday, December 13, 2012

Busy, busy, busy . . .

It has been quite a busy week, as you can probably tell by my lack of blogging! 
Packages have been arriving daily, evidence of my online shopping therapy while in the hospital.  Most of it was Christmas shopping, so I had a good excuse! 
I did the bulk of my shopping online again this year.  Zulily.com is one of my new favorite sites, as is Ebates.com.  I really do prefer the real life, tangible shopping, but that is just not realistic at this point in my life.  There is just one gift I am kind of concerned about arriving on time . . . one that we ordered on Monday.  It's not the end of the world if it doesn't get here.  The tooth fairy always has good excuses for not arriving when she should.  I'm sure Santa can come up with a good one if need be, too, if he has to deliver one present a little late! 
Christmas cards are in the works.  I can't wait to see them--they have been done in Aberdeen since Sunday, but I won't be able to get there until Saturday to get them.  (I was not anticipating this busy week when I placed the order.) :o) 
I took a road trip on Tuesday with friend Roxanne and four of our children to Eureka.  Our ultimate goal was to pick up the pig our families will be consuming over the next year.  With the promise of Subway near the end of the trip, it went very well! 
Yesterday was the boys' school Christmas concert in the afternoon.  Our evening was spent in our 2nd (and final) rehearsal for the All Saints Advent Program on Sunday!
Today we are entertaining a little named Ezra.  It's been a wonderful day!  He liked us right away and Teresa has had fun having another one year old around to mother.  :o) 
Along with all of these things, there have also been preparations for Miss Rachel's birthday tomorrow!  The girls and I will go to Story Hour in the morning.  They are expecting an unnamed Special Visitor at the library.  Teresa does not expect it to be Santa.  She asked me if I know of a new guy who moved to Faulkton who may be stopping by!  She will be, I hope pleasantly, surprised.
We will have a birthday supper with Grandma and Grandpa Melius and then will have Rachel's 1st Birthday Party on Sunday with grands, aunt Amanda, godparents, and god-siblings . . . (god-cousins)?  Whatever you call them, we will have a lot of children here and it is sure to be fun! 
After that party, we will skedaddle back to church for the Advent Program at 4pm!
So, yes, it has been a BUSY week, but it's all good stuff.  We've been happy (except for Nathan when he has to put on his boots) and healthy (except for a few runny noses).  No complaints here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment