Friday, December 7, 2012

Around the Christmas Tree

This is, without a doubt, the prettiest tree I have ever had. 
I know my mom wouldn't be offended by this statement.  The tree we had growing up, God bless that tree, could have been used in the off season as a giant green toilet scrubber.  It always looked cute decorated, but it was nothing short of a miracle.
David and I bought a real tree the first year we were married since I had never had a real tree and I really thought I wanted one.  I was wrong.  It wasn't that pretty of a tree and it dried up before New Year's Eve.  Let's not even mention the mess pine needles make.
I purchased a nice artificial tree the next year, which lasted us until last year.  Every year a few branches broke off and last year we didn't even put the bottom row on it.
This year I decided to take the plunge and buy a tree to fit our vaulted living room ceilings.  My big Black Friday purchase was a 12' tree.  Sister-in-law Angela and Aunt Darla filled my cart with purple and silver accents.  With lots of help from David (I can't reach the top even with a ladder) and our own loved ornaments, it made one big beautiful tree.
I love it so much, I just might keep it up year round. 
I love it . . . and I have no idea where I am going to store it.
 Here is just a sampling of some favorite ornaments.  Every year each child receives an ornament that goes with one of their interests or milestones for the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment