Friday, June 22, 2018

This week--quickly

This summer vacation, although pretty great so far, has definitely not been conducive to writing.
And so, I will provide a brief summary of what I have done this past week--

1. Attempted to fix a water heater and watched husband do the same. Unsuccessful.
2. Flooded the utility room.
3. Traded the water heater for a new one on my second trip to Aberdeen in a day.
4. Fell on my butt stepping off the back of the tailgate in the Menards parking lot. (Forgot I had short legs for a brief second.) Was helped up by a nice young man. Quickly drove away.
5. Enjoyed a nice warm shower after my husband installed the new water heater.
6. Watched Nathan hit his first out-of-the-park home run--and also 4 other teammates' homeruns in a row. Wildcats won 11-1.
7. Hauled water to the sprayer in the field. Actually hooked it up correctly!
8. Realized that the pump was out of gas and filled the tank without anything disastrous happening, i.e., starting my arms on fire.
9. Went to the second week of our women's study group at church, which is already a blessing for all of us.
10. Sent my boys off to Eureka for a looong weekend. Tag, you're it, Grandpa and Grandma!
11. Pre-ordered the NEW GARTH BROOKS ALBUM! It was just like college, only now two new songs magically appeared on my phone, so I didn't have to go to Musicland to reserve it and and then pick it up. (What's Musicland, you ask? Ask your mom.)
12. Listened to the new Garth Brooks songs--love, love, love them!!!
13. Listened to Teresa strum a guitar. She asked me if she was better than Garth Brooks. I told her no.
14. Hauled more water out to the field. Forgot to let the pickup cool down and killed the engine. Hero husband to the rescue.
15. Went to the Faulkton Pool for the first time this summer on a beautiful sunny afternoon.
16. Watched the progress on our house/garage project and picked out a little tile, too.
17. Did the boys' chicken chores and successfully avoided the rooster.
18. Heard "Mom!!!!" a zillion times.

In all of this, and the little moments I haven't mentioned, I know one thing for sure.
Life is so very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment