Thursday, March 2, 2017

FFA, CDE's and welding

Landen is in his first year of FFA, or Future Farmers of America, at our school.

Actually everyone at Northwestern School is in their first year, as it is a new program. I am super excited about this opportunity for our kids, as we really are encouraging them to explore agriculture and find what interests them most.
Tomorrow is Landen's first CDE, or Career Development Experience.  (I am learning all of these things as I go along!)  He will be competing in the Agronomy portion tomorrow.
They will have another next week in which he signed up for Ag Mechanics.  Great, right?  I thought so!  Until he came home yesterday and the first words out of his mouth were, "I need to learn to weld by Tuesday."
Hmmm...
I can produce a large amount of salt and flour to make a model volcano at a moment's notice.
I can play accompany your tuba solo and help you practice.
I can turn a cheese stick into a ghost--or maybe even a snowman

But, welding?  Um, no.

Thankfully Dad can come to the rescue on this one and show him some basics this weekend. He actually doesn't need to be a welder by Tuesday; the basics will be fine for now.

Whew!



No comments:

Post a Comment