Wednesday, May 4, 2016

90's Spring Concert

After a year off of the Decade-themed concerts, Northwestern presented The 90's for their Spring Concert today. With every year, my kids would ask me what "they" wore in that decade.  I've been waiting for this one because it was MY decade--and because I had New Kids on the Block t-shirts stashed in the attic. :)  

The one Teresa is wearing was purchased at the South Dakota State Fair in (I believe) 1989. Our Girl Scout troop had tickets to the concert of our favorite band and it was the most awesome thing I had ever been able to do up to that point in my life! My love for the New Kids stretched into the 90's until the torch was passed to none other than Garth Brooks. (And we know that flame still burns brightly!)

So, now my kids see these guys on my t-shirts (there is also another with just Jordan's face, which was my FAVORITE NKOTB t-shirt of all time) and wonder what I was thinking?!?!  What were we thinking?  
Maybe all of that hairspray holding up our bangs clouded our judgment.

As I rolled Nathan's jeans this morning, he told me, "90's people were weird." 
I was explaining to Landen that we HAD to pin or roll our jeans because any amount of space left on the bottom of the jeans would receive the dreaded accusation of wearing BELL BOTTOMS!
He said, "So is was the anti-bell bottom?"  
I suppose that it was, as the flared jeans of their generation are the "anti-pin/roll."


If you wait long enough, you may also, as I did today, hear your children singing your senior class song to close their concert.

Ahh, the 90's.
Good times.
Great memories of hangin' tough together.

No comments:

Post a Comment