Thursday, August 7, 2014

Garden Walk

How about a mini flower garden walk?

The stars of 2014 are the echinacea, which have taken over a good portion of the perennial bed.  I am letting them take over, however, since I love them so much.


I didn't think any black-eyed Susans survived the winter until just the other day when I saw one plant peeking out from the back of the garden.  
One thing I remember about visiting Duluth several years ago (on the best/worst vacation ever) is that most everyone had echinacea and black-eyed Susans in their flower gardens.  I figured if they grew in northern Minnesota, I could get them to grow here, too.  And they did!

Next, I ventured out to the north end of our farm and found my favorite weeds--wild sunflowers.  

 Teresa was more than happy to pose for a photo.
Rachel was too busy, but I caught her anyway.

The boys no longer take flower photos, but they WILL be taking the mandatory wheat harvest photo very soon. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment