Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fun with Words

I acknowledge that my blog writing has been a bit light as of late, but I've been busy with some new words in my life.
I still love you, my little blog, don't worry.  :o)
When I returned from the MN wedding, I suggested to my husband that a Kindlefire would be an excellent birthday present for his wife.  He agreed!  As luck would have it, the HD was available the week I was ordering it!
I had to download Angry Birds, just because, but my favorites are still Seven Little Words, and now, Words with Friends.  I am good with words, but not particularly good at Scrabble (as the scores on my various games will prove).  I'm still having fun being challenged by my friends and learning how to be a more competitive player.
When I haven't been playing around with words on the Kindle, I have been playing Grammar Police.  I applied for a freelance copy editing position last month and Dakotafire Media wanted me for the job! 
I am such a grammar/spelling/punctuation nerd.  As soon as I received my online copy of the AP Stylebook, I was like a farmer reading his new tractor manual.  Copy editing is actually something I have wanted to do for some time, but thought I would have to be a reporter first.  I still may do some freelance reporting, but the copy editing will come first.  I've only worked a few hours so far.  I am excited for my future responsibilities with their print magazine and website.  If you'd like to see the work they are doing from Frederick SD, check out www.dakotafire.net.
By the way, I only copy edit when I am on the job.  I do not edit any e-mails, letters, cards, or any other notes you may send me!  I would also appreciate it if you returned the favor and didn't copy edit my blog.  I know I can get kind of sloppy sometimes (and I don't always follow AP rules). :o) 
Until next time, feel free to challenge me to a game of Words with Friends.  You will probably win!

No comments:

Post a Comment